A Collection of Stories from an Undocumented Youth in America

What If It Was You?

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Third Story - Not So Wise After All

Alright, so I ended up procrastinating about this blog entry - AGAIN.
I had meant to write some stuff down on Wednesday night, or Thursday during the day, but in all honesty, I had just gotten my wisdom teeth surgery done and I was in a LOT of pain, and mostly drugged up from my very strong pain medicine, so I ended up just sorta acting like a zombie the entire time, and didn't even finish packing for my trip until after my friends were already there to pick me up. I made them wait and felt super bad and what-not, but man... I simply cannot put into words what I felt when I saw them... really THERE.

In any case, it's already Sunday night (technically Monday morning, since it's past midnight, but in all honesty I get annoyed at that - it's not the next day until I sleep and wake up, damn it!), and I guess I've forgotten some details because so many days have passed, but I'll still try to re-tell what's happened since then.
(Btw, did you guys like the little "filler" poem I posted on wednesday? Hahaha. A friend of mines from the DAP forum wrote it, I believe, and posted it for us, and I loved it so much that I asked if I could re-post it here. I did it right before leaving the house to get my surgery done, btw.)

Alright, so... surgery didn't work on Monday, I have absolutely NO memory of what I did Tuesday - possibly because it was nothing at all aside from sitting on the computer and wasting my life away - and Wednesday came...
I woke up a bit later than what I had originally planned, about ten or fifteen minutes before 11am, but when I got up I only found Carlos, my sister's boyfriend, in her room. Upon asking where she was at, he said she had literally just walked out the door to go to work. I panicked a bit, cuz I was like... "Wait... she was supposed to take me to the dentist today. She told me she had the day off, too... wth?", to which Carlos shrugged and said he didn't know anything about that, just that she had left for work. I was like, "Great...", tried calling her, but she didn't pick up because she was probably already working, so I was already starting to panic, cuz I ONLY had that day to get the surgery done... but thankfully Carlos was nice enough to offer to take me.
I had already started to get frustrated and a bit angry at the fact that my sister would do that to me - I mean, she had the day off, I saw it on her schedule, I made sure... I checked with her Sunday night, which is when she gets her schedule changed every week. And after the whole Monday debacle, she DID tell me to re-schedule for Wednesday. Then all of a sudden she got work (I never even bothered to ask her about this), and she didn't even bother to let me know she wouldn't be able to take me. I mean, it's already bad enough that she didn't take my surgery seriously enough, but on top of that she didn't even care to give me any satisfaction. I mean, wth.
It bothered me, but by that point I was already so fed up with all of that, I didn't wanna have any more frustration, so when Carlos offered to take me, I just got the matter out of my head and simply forgot about it. Hey, wtf, as long as I was getting it done, I didn't give a damn how I was getting there.

In any case, I took my shower, got ready, went to the clinic at around 3pm, paid in advance (figured I probably wouldn't be in a stable enough condition to get it done afterwards), and had my phone out the entire time until we got started...
I'm not gonna get into many details about the process, just that I didn't get morphine, only local anesthesia, so I was awake throughout the whole thing... and I *hate* needles... and that I ended up making a fool of myself in that clinic and screamed quite a lot... but it was mostly cuz I was scared to death about the whole thing. -_-; Can't help some things.
Other than that, he worked pretty quickly. My entire jaw and lower lip were completely numb and I couldn't feel them at all, it was pretty uncomfortable. My lips got really dry and were bleeding for some reason, I'm thinking cuz I got so nervous o_O; Well, he got the teeth out pretty quickly, the right side was a bit more tricky, and he kept applying a LOT of pressure, which made my jaw hurt, and I complained and yelled a lot, haha... when the tooth came out, it slipped and I almost choked on it O_< But yea, both of them came out whole, he didn't have to crack them or part them in pieces or anything, so that was good. I guess it made everything easier.
I got my pain medication prescription from the doctor, a paper explaining how I should care for my mouth in the next week or so, etc etc, the nurse was suuuuuper nice. I was a bit out of it so I ended up hugging her before I left hahaha. Carlos took me back home cuz the meds had to be made and it would take 20+min. I was frustrated about that, cuz the anesthesia was slowly fading away and the pain from the two open wounds in my mouth was settling in pretty horribly. Now, I was never one to cry for physical pain, and I easily think emotional shit is worse, but having two holes freshly open in the back of my mouth did end up taking three or four tears outta me, I can't lie, hahaha.
The worst part of the whole thing was the blood - I didn't stop spitting out blood for about two days haha - and how bad my mouth smelled thanks to it. It was super annoying.
My sister was actually beginning to be nice to me and such, when I came home after my surgery. I couldn't really swallow the Tylenol she tried to give me until my meds were ready, so I just went to bed and passed out until around 9pm when she woke me up to eat, cuz I hadn't eaten anything since morning. I thought she had made the soup, but turned out her boyfriend was the one taking care of me again -_- I didn't mind, it was pretty sweet, and he seemed genuinely concerned, specially for someone whom he has no responsibility to. I sorta just skipped the thought that it made me feel like he was caring more for me than my sister was. I thought she was being nice and all, waking me up to make sure I was taking my pain medicine, but that actually didn't last for long. Bleh. I was expecting too much. By Thursday night (my friends weren't there to pick me up yet), she was already yelling at me and expecting me to do stuff, and calling me names (a.k.a. bitch)...
I don't even remember exactly what happened, it had something to do with my trip and her being mad that I was still going, but it's not worth trying to remember. It'll just frustrate me again.
But eventually I did get my meds - some powerful stuff, I tell ya - and I was pretty out of it for quite a while, so I never got to write in here the entry I had meant to. ~shrug~

So, I decided that even though I have a lot to write about, I'm just gonna go ahead and make separate posts for each thing. This one was so I could complete the wisdom teeth surgery story, then I'll just go ahead and write another one about this weekend where I don't need to worry about making it too damn long and write everything I need to.
I'm trying to write this all down tonight because tomorrow's already Monday, I'm going back to my place to get my stitches out and pick up my dog so I can head up to O-town, which, in my head, will be the start of a completely different story already.
And if I wait any longer, I'll just keep on piling up these stories and never writing them, haha.
There's also the fact that I'm not even sure when I'll have a chance to get to a computer again. I mean, my friend whose place I'm staying at probably has his computer, but it's probably in his room, and he lives with his girlfriend and all, so if that's the case, I won't be able to write at night like I am now, and I don't really plan on spending too much time at home during the day.
~shrug~
I get worried about so much shit so easily, ugh. I really need to stop that.
In any case, point made, I should really try to finish writing about this weekend by tonight, because I might not get another chance anytime soon.

So, yeah.
~twirls thumbs awkwardly~

1 comment: