A Collection of Stories from an Undocumented Youth in America

What If It Was You?

Friday, September 3, 2010

Relationships Are Like An Impossible To Solve Puzzle

And whenever I am sad
Simply embrace me
And whenever I get silly
Discreetly ignore it
And whenever I get crazy
Subtly leave it
But whenever I am dead
I beg that you do not kill me
Inside of you







Is it normal to worry as much as I do? Do I read too much in between the lines or am I really seeing something there?
How do you work a relationship for it to be successful? I am completely new to this, and I'm scared beyond belief. How do you keep it from becoming stale to soon, when you've already moved so fast?
How do you act to have yours and your partner's emotions and desires on the same page? And what happens if you're not on the same page? You're not in sync with each other? Does one part always feels like they're lacking something?
Why do things have to become old so fast? Why does the magic die? How do you bring it back?


Very recently I've been feeling like my partner hasn't been answering to my feelings quite in the way I'd like for him to. Maybe almost to a point that shows he cares little for it. So what happens if only one person is putting in the effort to continue building a relationship when things starts to get a little rough?

The last scenario went a bit like this.
I texted him about a concern of mines. He answered that I didn't need to worry about it because he still had it in his heart. I smiled and said I did too. But I just wanted him to understand where I was coming from and how I was feeling about the particular subject - because it's a big deal to me. So I typed two texts on it.
I got no reply.
Later on at night I called to say good night, we usually never go to bed without saying good night. I asked if he had gotten my texts, he said yeah, and that he was gonna reply but that a friend got him distracted so he didn't. His answer when I inquired what he was gonna reply was a simple "I'll call you later". I then asked again - if he had any answer to what I had said earlier. He played he didn't get it and never really answered me. I dropped it for the time being and hung up. Later, already in bed, I decided maybe a positive approach would get him to understand better. I texted that it was discouraging for me to let my feelings out like that and get no answer about the subject, and for him to please think about it. A good fifteen minutes later, the only reply is "I will, love you baby".

Even though the word "love" is incorporated in the sentence, my heart sank. Really? That's all I get?

Well, that's not very encouraging to continue sharing how I feel about stuff, is it?

So, for now, I'll just wait, although knowing him, it is very very likely he'll forget about this altogether and I'll never have my answer.

But how do you keep small stuff like this from balling up and interfering with your relationship? How do you get your partner to understand, in a positive manner, what you need from them to feel satisfied and happy in your togetherness?

No comments:

Post a Comment